Living in an apartment offers the advantages of community living. A swimming pool, club house and landscaped gardens come for a small price. One doesn't need to go far to workout in a gym or to play a game. Security is a major factor in apartment complexes apart from the conveniences in terms of maintenance and civic amenities that it offers. It has the distinct advantage of water and power being available 24/7. Help is on hand and life is a lot easier.
The apartment culture is all about a community bonding and breaking barriers. With the growing trend of nuclear families where both spouses travel, an apartment may be easier to be locked up and left unsupervised for longer periods of time.Location, budget, the need and lifestyle go into decision making while buying an apartment. Read on for a few tips to guide you in making the right choice.
- The preferred size of the flat and how many bedrooms would you require?
- What should be the optimum size of each room?
- Does it meet your present and possible future requirements?
- This check should simultaneously be made for sizes of living room, dining room, kitchen, balconies and servant room.
- What is your budget? You also have the option to avail a housing loan.
- Which location would be preferrable? Close proximity to schools, colleges, hospitals, supermarkets etc. is a plus.
- What about parking? Do you require an open or covered parking?
- What about water and power supply? Is it sufficient to meet all your needs and demands?
- How good is the ventilation and direction?
- What are the specifications offered i.e. the kind of flooring, the quality of woodwork for doors, windows etc.
- What are the amenities offered? Eg. club house, swimming pool, gym, supermarket, landscaping etc.
- Security and maintenance